Latest Posts

Bullet Journal: January

By 11:00 , , , , , , , ,


Hey there!
Today I wanted to share with you my bullet journal. As one of my goals for this year, I wanted to start bullet journaling, and I have somehow stuck to it!
I'm finding it really useful to have one as it makes it quite easy to organise my plans, as well as being a helpful took to write thoughts and such down into.
Obviously, this is just my journal, there are hundreds of ways you can style yours, I just thought I would share mine, and I might make these monthly posts.
I have a lined bullet journal, mainly because I could go out and buy it straight away and I was too impatient to wait for the shipping of a dotted one, but the lines don't really bother me to be honest.
So, let's get into it!


First of all, I have this sticker that I got from a Lamoda package years ago. I plan to fill this page with stickers, this was just a start.


I'm going to apologise now for what seems like a smudge on some of the pages, it's actually my camera lens, I need to get it cleaned!

But here we have my contents page. I number all of the pages I use so I can find them easily.


I then have a blank double spread to continue the contents page on.


On this page, I did my 2016 review. I wrote down each month in different colours, and then wrote the main events of those months, good or bad.
Throughout this post, I have blurred out any information I don't want to share.


Then I have my 2017 overview with all the dates and months, and also my goals foe 2017. Yes, that's right, I can't swim.


The next spread is Books To Read, and Deadlines. I actually need to write in my new deadline for my new module. I got the deadline idea from a pre-made diary that was in Paperchase and I thought it was really useful to have ti keep track.


Annoyingly, this page fell out, I need to tape it back in.


Then I have some blog ideas and YouTube ideas... If I ever start a YouTube.


Here is my Gift List and Wish List. The Gift List is ideas I have for presents for people. I often see things that i think are good ideas, and then when it comes to their birthday, I've forgotten, so I thought it was handy to make a note. On my Wish List, I have put "bigger" things on there that are more expensive, as opposed to "oh I really want that book".


Then I have a places to visit list, where I think I will also put ideas for days out. Next to that, I have this birthday wheel. I actually saw this on Pinterest, and I loved it!


I've then got a list of social media influencers who I really like, and also a Car Log. I wanted to keep a log so I can track how much I spend on my car (clue: a lot).


Now we come to my weekly spreads. I have each day, a habits tracker for the week, tasks, notes and my weekly shifts/pay.
At the start of each month, I'm putting a pink tab.
On each day, I have a section to track the amount of sleep I had that night, and a section to track whether I've eaten each meal that day.


My tracker consists of: Reading, Meditating (which as you will see, I'm useless at), Exercising, Taking a Photo and Blogging.
I want to take a photo everyday, and I only post 3 times a week, but I want to make sure that I am getting those posts up.


On the second week, I tried a Weekly Thoughts page, sort of like a brain dump. I also put an envelope there to keep things from the week, so in that week I went to see A Monster Calls with my best friend. I was also clearly very tired that week, my deadline was the following week.
I have tabbed these with orange tabs.


I messed up my tracker on this week haha But I really like this way of doing a weekly spread, it works well for me so I have kept it.
In my tasks section, I tick off completed task and either cross or leave the uncompleted ones. A specific key kind of confuses me, so I don't have one.


Here is a good example of how to fix a mistake.
I had written in the wrong days, and had started on Monday, not Sunday. So I used some white coloured washi tape and just stuck a couple of layers over and re-wrote it. Embrace the mistakes! While neat bullet journals are nice to look at, I don't think they are an accurate representation of life.


The next spread is a song I wrote down. This song is a favourite of mine, but also personal, so I left it out. I think I'm going to write in songs I like here and there, as I've always loved lyrics.


Now we have come to this week! Because we have started a new month, I have put down a pink tab.
I've blurred out Friday's post, so if you want to know what it is, then you should come back Friday and see ;D


Then I have a double spread of Goals For Feb and Spending Feb, just so I can keep track of what I want to do, and my money!


Then I have a page called 21. This is a future blog post idea that I want to plan out. I've decided that if I do anymore of these in future, they will be green tabs.
I then have an overview of the month to write in any key dates.


I decided this week that I wanted another Thoughts page. Again, in the envelope I have a cinema ticket, this time from T2 Trainspotting which I saw with my boyfriend.


I thought I would show you a blank weekly spread, in case you were interested. I don't do all of my weekly spreads a once, just in case I want to do a Thoughts page, or maybe something else.


Finally, on the very back page, I keep the tabs, and there is also a pocket but I haven't used that yet.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and that maybe it has given you ideas for your journal, or even an insight to what one is/can be like.
I think I'm going to make these monthly posts, and do an overview each month!

Thanks for reading

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments